Reports to : General Manager Strategy &Research
Job Purpose : Coordinate research and product development, preparation of business Intelligence – dashboards, drive in depth examination analysis of the regulatory, economic and market environments at both local and regional levels and provide Centenary Bank’s decision- makers with thorough and objective assessments of strategic opportunities and relevant recommendations to support decision-making
Key Result Areas
- Manage information on the Business Intelligence data and prepare recommendations to the management team
- Coordinate the development and preparation of business intelligence dashboards for the bank
- Drive the development of optimal and scalable Business Intelligence (BI) application to meet business needs.
- Report on analytics and metrics results to management and facilitate the provision of information access support to all business units.
- Manage the data warehouse system for data integrity, quality and accuracy.
- Manage the team by empowering, motivating and managing performance of employees to promote a high- performance culture.
- Manage market research to identify opportunities for developing new products or making changes to existing products and make recommendations.
- Present reports on economic topics / developments (inc market, industry and regulatory topics) in support of informed decision-making by management
- Drive the promotion of Centenary Bank’s credential vis-à-vis its international rating agencies so as to anchor its investment-grade rating, by notably providing value-added and pertinent support in providing dedicated reports and topical papers geared towards illustrating the sound financial and operational positioning and outlook of the Bank; provide insightful assistance in attending to queries formulated by these agencies
- Manage the preparation of roadshow presentations of Centenary Bank while being closely involved in the write-up of articles and interviews for management.
- Support and Provide technical assistance management and GM Strategy, Quality, Research and BI in their dealings with external parties and in raising awareness of key economic players on business-related issue
- Developing new and innovative products and services both deposit and loan side that appeal to the Bank’s core market niches.
- Developing new and innovative collaborative schemes with Organizations and/or Companies through which the Bank’s existing or new products and services can be cost effectively and efficiently delivered to targeted market/customer segments.
- Conducting market surveys on close competitor’s product and managing the monitoring of events in the market place all aimed at bettering the understanding of competition’s strategies and Centenary Bank’s benchmarking and present reports on economic topics / developments to support informed decision-making by management
- Administer and manage any research activities and or project sanctioned and approved by Management in line with the Bank’s research policy and procedures, delivering within the approved timelines and budgets.
- Coordinating implementation of product pilot tests and managing product performance monitoring:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Statistics/Quantitative Economics /Business Computing/BBA /BCOM or related fields.
- A master’s degree in IT ,Business Administration, Project Management or related fields an added advantage.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a related function ,four (4) of which should have been at managerial level
Requisite Competences, knowledge and skills
- Communicating with Impact
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation
- Delivering Customer Expectations
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Understanding data and generating solutions
- Writing and Reporting
a. Download an application for employment form from www.centenarybank.co.ug
b. Fill the form and enclose an application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), plus copies of all academic credentials, testimonials and contact details of three competent referees. c. Submit the application not later than 31st January, 2019 to:-
General Manager Human Resources Centenary Bank
P.O. Box 1892 Kampala