Reporting to the Managing Director and is part of the Country Leadership team.
The Head of Operations effectively and efficiently manages / co-ordinates the Bank’s Operations processes relating to payments, procurements, facilities, security, reconciliation and cash functions to deliver cost effective and excellent customer service while mitigating inherent risks.
- Ensure efficiency in Centralized operations: Cash management, BOU clearing, funds transfer process, procurement, Trade services, Treasury back office, Facilities Management, reconciliation and Archives Management.
- Evolve the annual Operations Plan to support Corporate Strategy.
- Drive efficiency, cost minimization and value for money in all departmental deliverables.
- Enforce a pro-active and sound operational risk management culture in Operations department.
- Champion changes and innovations to processes and controls in line with technology, competition, customer tastes and overall business environment.
- Manage Operational and Bank spend within annual budget limit in liaison with Finance department.
- Oversee Bank projects like new branch setups, existing branch renovations, etc.
- Manage Team performance, motivation and Talent cover processes.
- Ensure revenue maximization/ recovery for services and transactions done at Operations department.
- Fast tracking session with each Team leader in the department (Operational support, Procurement & Facilities, Clearing, Treasury Back Office and Remittances & Trade Services)
- Key Control Reports’ review and sign off (BOU & Internal reports)
- Profiled follow ups (for Queries, error logs, un-committed transactions, etc.) with Group Office.
- 2nd level transactions due diligence for outward RTGS items bank wide.
- Procurement approvals and oversight of the prequalification exercise of suppliers for the Bank
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- University degree in either business or humanities from a recognized and reputable institution. Master’s degree in business administration or operations is and added advantage.
- Total Minimum No of Years’ Experience Required – 8, at least 5 years’ experience in Branch banking, 3 years’ experience in central operations, 1-year experience in general administration (procurement & facilities).
- Excellent communications and engagement skills
- High-level of integrity and strong entrepreneurial skills
- Strategic planning and management skills and experience in market segmentation models
- Leadership and change management skills
- Outstanding customer relationship, negotiation and selling interpersonal skills
- Advanced practical knowledge and understanding of credit principles and practices
To be considered your application must be received by 24 November 2020.
Apply through their official website @ https://ug.kcbgroup.com/component/kcb_careers/job/98
- Address Commercial plaza, 7th Floor Plot 7 Kampala Road P.O. Box 7399 Kampala Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +256 (417) 118200 +256 (417) 118280 +256 (757) 378603
- Salary Offer Attractive $ Attractive Month
- Qualification University degree in either business or humanities
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Profile Photo