Uganda Development Bank Ltd
Uganda Development Bank Ltd seeks to recruit competent and motivated individuals to fill the following Vacancies.
The Investment Manager- Infrastructure will source for fundable opportunities within the Infrastructure sector whilst managing relationships with clients in his/her portfolio of borrowers, with the aim of ensuring that the Bank provides interventions in relevant and sustainable enterprises.
The Investment Manager- Infrastructure is accountable for the management of the portfolio of Infrastructure customer relationships. In executing this mandate, the role holder will develop, grow and retain profitable client relationships whilst also ensuring the generation and conversion of business leads in line with the Bank’s Credit Risk Management Policy, the Environment & Social Risk Management Framework and in line with the Bank’s strategic focus
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all stake holder engagements in the Infrastructure sector, communication to customers and interactions with prospective customers.
- Initiate and participate in customer outreach and sensitization interventions for clients in the Infrastructure sector
- Provide business advisory services to customers and potential clients in the Infrastructure sector.
- Generate new business prospects and sourcing for fundable projects within Infrastructure sector
- Undertake continuous market intelligence/research and provide recommendations on significant developments in asset financing, emerging opportunities and challenges faced by the bank
- Design new products and innovations which must be viable, practical, and relevant to address the needs of clients within the confines of Asset Financing.
- Undertake initial investment analysis and appraisal of proposals submitted to the Bank and make recommendations to management
- Ensure compliance at all times with the Bank’s Credit Risk Management Policy and the Credit Procedures Manual
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of all credits in the Infrastructure portfolio for inclusion on the Watch List; and consolidate a report for management at least monthly with updated comments and plans of action on each account.
- Credit Risk Supervision, including the monitoring of Borrower performance and the Credit Risk grading of each loan in the
- Conduct regular Site visits to ascertain the state of a Borrower and determine the appropriate assessment of the Credit Risk Rating.
- Coordinate the implementation of investments; monitor the performance of projects, and collections/loan repayments.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
- Contact customers & prospective customers on behalf of UDB
- Advise Management on issues relating Infrastructure sector and portfolio of borrowers
Internally: All Departments
All Staff Externally:Key external stakeholders including business associations, Bank customers and prospective customers
- A good degree in a business related field, Engineering or any other numerate degree from a recognized university.
- Relevant Post graduate degree such as an MBA or Masters in Finance is desirable. Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years similar or relevant experience in a large financial institution or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing; of which three (3) should be at middle management level.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using financial models.
- Experience in agriculture/group financing is an added advantage.
- Proven track record and experience in successful investment, appraisal, analysis and implementation is required.
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team to meet strict timelines.
- Self-motivated, flexible, mature and articulate in speech and presentation.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem identification and solving skills.
- Highly innovative.
- Business acumen with proven successful projects.
- Tact, diplomacy and good networking skills. Version 01; February 2018 SUBJECT
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence high level decision makers.
- Customer service orientation.
- Results-orientation and dedicated to growing the Bank’s business in Uganda.
The Director Strategy and Corporate affairs,
Uganda Development Bank Ltd,
Plot 6 Nakasero Road,
1st Floor Wing B,